Suppose the following hypothetical scenarios:

  1. Alice coming to visit Bob, requires a Schengen visa.
  2. Alice registered for an international event organised by Bob's Company and needs a Schengen visa.

I understand that Alice would need an invitation letter in both cases.

What legal implications would Bob, or Bob's company, have when sending Alice the invitation letter to help her get the Schengen visa?

  • 1
    You might get more prompt and knowledgeable answers by posting in Travel. That's where all the visa-related experts seem to hang out.
    – Barmar
    Apr 17 at 23:41
  • Since that is matter of National Law (and not Schengen/EU law), you would need to state the country Apr 18 at 9:15
  • @NicolasFormichella I don't think there are any big differences between the countries, but let's assume that Bob (and Bob's Company) is located in Poland (EU) and Alice is from India. Apr 18 at 12:36
  • There are big differences, for example in Italy, for the sponsor to bear all costs, the sponsor has to lock a lump sum in a bank account (fideiussione bancaria) Apr 19 at 7:41


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .