The parties are a man and his girlfriend. Girlfriend was paid to sell drugs. The man died and now his estate is being litigated. Girl is suing for unpaid wages related to drug sales.

Can 3rd parties sue over unpaid wages regarding illegal activity?

  • 1
    The girlfriend is not a third party. A third party would be the parents of the girlfriend(if they are not here legal guardians) asking for her to be paid.
    – SJuan76
    Commented Jun 10 at 6:10

2 Answers 2


To give a similar example from personal experience, I once represented the widow of a drug dealer in the probate of her late husband's estate. (She was aware of, but had no involvement in her husband's occupation, as she was a full-time homemaker with two very young children.)

In that case, I could bring an action to recover stolen life insurance proceeds that she was entitled to (upon which we prevailed), but not to recover the illegal drugs (mostly cocaine) that were stolen from her husband's estate.

  • Strange the income the life insurance was valued on came from an illegal source.
    – Suwh Jwau
    Commented Jun 10 at 21:42
  • 4
    @SuwhJwau The life insurance was a flat amount incident to a vanilla car insurance policy. He was shot and killed in his car by members of a competing gang. I don't recommend that line of work.
    – ohwilleke
    Commented Jun 10 at 22:26

Not successfully

The girlfriend does not have a valid contract because contracts for an illegal purposes are void.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .