I am a co-founder of an Inc. I registered the corporation in New York a few years ago and now I want to quit it.

How do I do so ? Do I also have to fill the DTF-17.1 form before I quit ?


You can't quit from being a shareholder of a corporation. To cease having any relationship you must dispose of your shares by transferring them to someone else (with their agreement and either by sale or as a gift) or having the corporation buy them back (with the agreement of the corporation).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.