I have recently been fired from my company. Filling out my unemployment information, I realized that my employer signed my W-4, and Direct Deposit Authorization as me (Forged). I am worried they may have done this with other forms I am not aware of. What can I do?

  • File a police report? If they signed your name on a government form (and weren't allowed to) then it's fraud or perjury or who knows what. The police will know or find out if a law was broken and pursue the matter if it's worth pursuing. – Patrick87 Aug 3 '16 at 22:19
  • File a police report. – user3851 Aug 3 '16 at 23:31
  • File a police report and complain to the IRS and FBI since this is also a federal crime. – user6726 Aug 4 '16 at 1:15
  • 1
    I think "fraud" requires doing something that is damaging to you; I don't know whether them signing these forms (if it went undetected) would cause you damage. – gnasher729 Aug 4 '16 at 14:08

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.