I once heard that there is a certain level of reasonable expectation that is guaranteed by law when it comes to making multiple deals with others.
For instance, is the following legal or illegal to do.
- Bill offered to Mow Janes lawn for $1, which is agreeable.
- Bill mows the lawn, and gives Jane a bill for $1.
- Jane happily pays.
- A week pasts, and Jane asks Bill to mow her lawn again.
- Bill mows the lawn again, and give Jane a bill for $2
- Jane asks why $2 and not $1, like last week
- Bill says that he changed the price within the last week due to high demand of his services, and that is what he charges everyone now.
I do not mind which country the law exists, or if it exists at all; I was told that this was illegal to do (anecdotally), and I just want to get a quick opinion (not used in any legal way, just to cure my curiosity) and see if they were telling the truth or not.