I have to prove to a government office that my parents are in fact my parents. A birth certificate would work, but that is not an option as of now.

Are there any other ways for me to affirm who my parents are without using a birth certificate?

  • Court order would be one method--but probably only to be used to get a new birth certificate. – mkennedy Dec 30 '16 at 17:38
  • Can you say what government office, and why? That might affect the answer. – Patrick87 Dec 30 '16 at 19:12
  • 1
    Birth certificates can be obtained from the state of birth. If you don't have one, you can get one with the proper information (which you should have from memeory if it's your certificate). – Scott Dec 30 '16 at 19:45
  • @Patrick87, the DMV for a permit – Daniel Dec 30 '16 at 21:08
  • @Scott, I have one, just not with me (it's in a different state) – Daniel Dec 30 '16 at 21:08

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.