This article (and my knowledge about trademarks) says Generic Names can't be trademarked. So my question is about the genericity of a name and the probability of getting it trademarked.
I own a generic domain name with
.com since 2010 but lately found that another person is using the
.co.uk tld of the same domain since 2016 for a website and doing business. I am planning to develop on my domain.
The domain name looks something like
freecupcakes.com (just symbolic but not about cupcakes) and another party use the domain
my observations about the other person's business are.
- They are using it since 2016
- They don't have trademark registerd but a company with the same name in UK
So my questions are,.
- Can I use proceed building the business with my domain which I own from 2010?
- Can I register a company with the same name in another location not in UK/Europe?
- Can this type of name be ever trademarked?
- Can the other person using the same business name ever trademark this name?