I'm trying to find an example for a blank motion form for requesting the courts perform an action. Anybody have any examples that I can use to type up my request?

Edit: For LaSalle County Illinois

  • Where? Different courts have different forms.
    – ohwilleke
    Commented Mar 1, 2017 at 23:00

3 Answers 3


For federal courts, here are some examples. For Washington state, here are some forms. These will give you a general idea of what such paperwork might look like. Depending on the court, they may not accept home-formatted and printed forms.

  • When I called the court office they said they have no form and I'd have to type up my own. Commented Mar 1, 2017 at 21:11
  • As I say, court-dependent. I had to go to a store that sells legal forms.
    – user6726
    Commented Mar 1, 2017 at 21:13

For UK courts: Some court applications may require certain forms. If you know what kind of application you want to make, you can cross reference the type of application here and after finding the type of form you want, you can download a pdf/doc copy of the form here


Illinois has a variety of standard forms promulgated by the Illinois Supreme Court.

The standard shell form for a motion is here.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .