In the hope of reducing my email burden, I have been considering something like the service here. The process works as follows:
- Person A sends email to Person B
- Person A receives automated message saying something along the lines of "Your email has not been delivered yet. Please verify your email address by confirming on the below link to prove your message is now spam"
- Person A completes the request and receives an email saying that their address has now been added as a recognised address for future communication with the address they were writing to
- Person B receives the message
My question is, what would the legal standing be in cases where the sender itself may be an automated mailing address or the person does not verify their email address? In such scenarios, the intended recipient would never read the message and would be unable to respond. I am thinking of examples such as:
- Legal letter that requires responses within fixed a fixed time period
- Important governmental message