- Developer, A, contracts with company, B, to write code, C, that accomplishes X.
- A writes C.
- A obfuscates C. (Obfuscation transmorphs C into C' which still accomplishes X but C' is very difficult to interpret by another coder.)
- A demonstrates to B that C' accomplishes X.
- B pays A.
- A delivers C' to B.
- At some time later, B hires another developer, D to do some code maintenance and/or upgrades.
- D informs B he can not interpret or work on C' because it has been obfuscated.
Does B have any recourse against A?