I'm a graduate student at a US university and I work as a Graduate assistant in the department. It's been around one year I have been working. I'm also an International student who can only work on-campus.

Recently I have decided that I want to transfer to a another University and the classes will begin at that university from august. I have summer work at current university which could take till august.

The HR department of the university I'm going to transfer, sent me an offer letter and a I9 form.

Should I fill the form and submit to the university where I will be start working from August even though currently i'm working at my current university?

  • Yes, why wouldn't you?
    – phoog
    May 10, 2017 at 8:14

1 Answer 1


If you plan to accept the offer, return the I9 to the department that sent it to you. It will have no effect on your relationship with your current school/employer (ie: sending it to your new job now does not prevent you from continuing at your current job), but is required for the work you will begin in August.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .