My father passed away two years ago. My brother was issued executor of my father's assets. My father left a will stating I have equal rights to the assets he left when he passed away.

I live and work abroad. Will I be able to take my brother to small claims court for not issuing my share of my father's estate?

  • Sorry for your loss. It will depend on the laws of the country that has jurisdiction. What country did your father live in? (If the US, what state?) – Nate Eldredge May 14 '17 at 16:36
  • I'm working overseas, but I'm from California and my father passed away in California. We are both US citizens. Al of my fathers assets are in California. I appreciate all replies. – Rodney Robles May 17 '17 at 10:38