I was interested in the legality of impersonating a Federal Agent/Officer, and upon a Google Search it only seems to be illegal if you try to obtain something of value in such a persona. There are still lots of situations left uncovered.
- Gaining access to a (non-government) centre via impersonation
- Convincing a person to stop questioning your actions via impersonation
- Asking/ordering a person to do something (i.e. ordering them to sound a fire alarm) via impersonation
- Exercising power over other Government employees in such impersonation
- Instructing people on what to do in an emergency
- Instructing people to evacuate/leave the area (assuming there is a legitimate emergency)
Let's assume in these situations that said person is impersonating an employee not a law enforcement agent.
What would be the legality of the above points?