Does the child care department of social services have the legal right to interviene with a child that has a legal domicile (and juristiction) from another country?

For the sake of argument:

Child A is born in Germany.
Parent B takes Child A to the United Kingdom for a short holiday.
Person C makes a baseless, malicious phone call to United Kingdom social 
services regarding Parent B's capacity to care for Child A.
United Kingdom social services remove Child A from Parent B's care for a short time.

In the example above, did United Kingdom social services have the legal right to interviene or not?

Thank you,




Anyone present in the U.K. Is subject to the laws of the U.K.

|improve this answer|||||

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.