I am starting a company and looking to create a C Corporation incorporated in Delaware, where we will provide online services to an Australian market.

In Australia, the services we're providing are 100% legal, but in Delaware (and most of the U.S.A) these services are not permitted by law.

My question is this (and I will follow up with an attorney to confirm):

If we register as a C Corporation incorporated in Delaware but do not have a physical presence there, and do not provide services there, must the services we provide in Australia be compliant with state and federal law inside Delaware and the U.S.A?

  • 1
    Why in the world would someone want to incorporate in Delaware rather than in Australia in these circumstances? So far as I know, Australia does not prohibit non-citizens from owning shares in its companies. Is the idea to try to dodge Australian tax law somehow? The nature of the service would matter too - is somebody brokering prostitution contracts or something? – ohwilleke Jun 6 '17 at 17:26

If your company is registered as a United States corp, you must comply with U.S Laws. It would probably behoove you to register the company outside of U.S. jurisdiction.. Preferably in a country where the business of your company are legal.

| improve this answer | |

US corporations must comply with US law.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.