My parents received a small claims judgement against a wedding caterer who failed to refund a deposit for cancelled services. The caterer has not paid the judgement yet (it's been about 2 years).

Now my parents are trying to collect the judgement, starting with a citation to discover assets. He has been served by the sheriff and we have a court date set for the citation.

I don't have a legal background but I've been able to help my parents fill out all the paperwork pro se up to this point. We live in Kane County, IL.

How should we prepare for the citation? What materials should we bring? Does the judge asks questions to debtor about his assets or do we need to prepare a set of questions to ask him about where his money is?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.