I have a mild form of autism. To treat this I take one 60mg pill of Biphentin every day. Biphentin is "Methylphenidate Hydrochloride", being in the same category as drugs like Ritalin and other methylphenidates.

Knowing the above, and that I live in Canada; what about Japanese drug law would I have to understand and obey if I wanted to visit the country without being arrested for possession?

How much can I bring? How long can I stay with it? What can the police ask of me? If I must disclose information to authorities, what must I disclose and how? Do I need any kind of paperwork? And if so, who would need to see it?

Japan's drug laws are notoriously strict, showing zero-tolerance, with almost zero exceptions, especially for tourists; with up to date information being vary scarcely available; thus, I want to be quite careful and thus, understandably, I ask.

Sorry if this is more for USA or EU law; but I hope ya'll can help me! :)


Best thing to do is contact the Japanese Embassy in Canada; they can give you definitive, up to date advice, and possibly provide you with docs to take with you. Try Visa and Travel Information : Embassy of Japan in Canada

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.