I have an idea I'd like to take to a company, but I don't know how to protect it.
The best analogy I can think of is the following (I fully realise this example exists; it's an analogy):
- I want to approach a marketing company that has access to a drinks company, (or the company directly).
- My idea is: to take the drinks company logo and put it on a pint glass.
- I can't protect the logo (it's not mine).
- I can't protect the glass (it's not mine).
- I can't protect the process of putting the logo on the glass (I don't have the tech, and something similar has been done - I wouldn't be doing the processing).
All I have is the idea.
Is it possible to protect the idea, to stop the company just using it please?