May a California Corporation, such as S Corp or C Corp have its Registered Agent located outside California ? Please provide a cite.

1 Answer 1


No, an individual who is designated as the "resident" agent must be a legal resident of the state. That's the whole point. Cal. Corp. Code. § 1502. If a corporation is designated as the resident agent, it must qualify under § 1505, including certifying the names and street address (within California) of the office of those authorized to accept legal process in the corporate name.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .