Recently I was reading about Bitcoin and its anonymous creator "Satoshi Nakamoto", and it made me wonder:
Could a company legally have an anonymous staff and/or board? If not, why not?
- Obviously this would need to be a distributed workforce (everyone's working remotely).
I'd like to see the answer contain:
- Consideration of the possibility of domiciling the company outside the United States.
- Consideration of the extent to which different types of employees may differ with respect to the legality of their remaining anonymous.
- So, for example, it might be illegal for the CEO to be anonymous, but not for the rank-and-file employees.
- Consideration of the extent to which different corporate structures might make it possible for some or all of the staff to remain anonymous.