My wife is employed by a company based and registered in Guernsey. The company is also registered at Companies House (in the UK). I know generally the Channel Islands adopt UK laws, so is she covered by UK employment laws such as TUPE and those that govern things like statutory redundancy pay? Does it matter that they are also registered in the UK?

She is a UK citizen and resident. She works from home most of the time. When she does have to go into the office, it is their office in Bristol.

  • Where does she do her work? – phoog Dec 15 '17 at 22:35
  • @phoog good point. I have added this information to the question. – Darren Dec 16 '17 at 0:09
  • As far as I'm aware anyone who employs someone in the UK must abide by UK employment law, regardless of the employer's place of incorporation. – phoog Dec 16 '17 at 3:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.