I ordered a package through AliExpress a few months ago. It has since been lost, and it is impossible to get anyone to take any kind of responsibility.
- I ordered from AliExpress.
- Seller is Xiaozhufeifei All Magnets Factory Store.
- The product left China on March 13.
- The product arrived at PostNL (Dutch company) on March 16.
- The product was forwarded towards Denmark, where I live, on March 17.
All of the above is confirmed from all parties included. What happens next seems to be unclear:
- March 19, the tracking information on AliExpress claims the package has arrived in country of destination. This is the last tracking update from AliExpress.
- PostNL also says the package arrived in Denmark at March 19.
- PostNord (Danish) has March 16 as their latest update on their tracking info, and claim to never have received a package.
Now, both PostNord and PostNL says that I have to contact the seller because it is their responsibility, and that they cannot do anything.
The seller, however, says I have to go to the local post office and request them to find my package, as that is what they have been told by the shippers. Now when I try to contact the postal service company, they simply say that they have never received the packages in their system, like they have said before. When I relay this information to the seller, they pretty much just repeat what they have said before.
I have contacted PostNL again as well, as they are the last company which without doubt has handled my goods, but they just repeat that they are a gateway company, and they have no responsibility, and I have to contact the seller...
So now I am confused. This was a semi-expensive package, so I would really like to find out who is really legally responsible in this mess.