I am in Massachusetts and I got a criminal traffic citation. How can I request police report and criminal citations?

  • How long ago was this ticket made. As the defendent in this case, the government must turn over all relevent documentation. A call to records would likely suffice. – hszmv May 31 '18 at 20:36
  • Three weeks ago. – 171124 May 31 '18 at 20:49
  • Criminal? As in not just a ticket, but misdemeanor charge? – Acccumulation May 31 '18 at 21:01
  • True. Some charge. – 171124 May 31 '18 at 21:10
  • "A call to records." Would you be a bit of specific? – 171124 May 31 '18 at 22:00

The citation itself is on file in the court where you'll have charges. Obtaining it should be as easy as walking in to the clerk's office and asking for it.

The incident report may be different. In some courts, it will just be filed with the citation, which should make it easy to get. And in some places, police will just give you a copy if you ask for it, though I'm not sure what Massachusetts' laws are on that. If you can't get it either of those ways, you may be able to access it in the discovery phase of your case. Especially if it gets that far, you should definitely get an attorney to help you out.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.