- Business X in country A sells software with a subscription license.
- Business Y in country B pays monthly for software from X.
- Country A and B are members of the Berne Convention
- Example sanctions would apply to software sold by X.
Would the end result be the same for the following scenarios? Would it be legal for business Y to continue using the software without paying for it? If not, how would Y continue to legally use the software?
- Country A places sanctions on country B
- Country B places sanctions on country A