We are renting a home that has an older outdated electrical system. The main issue we are having is the 240v plug for the dryer isn't grounded, which is a building code violation.
From another question I determined that the home is most likely grandfathered in to older building codes, however, the kitchen and other areas of the house have been recently remodeled.
This may be incorrect, but as I understand it, if you remodel a home, you must bring the relevant areas up to code in the process.
This may be completely incorrect, but at the moment my dryer isnt usable due to this flaw, and my family doesn't feel safe with the potential fire hazard