I'm considering appointing somebody to be a registered Copyright Agent with the US government. What qualifications do they need? Do they need to be a lawyer or something?


Good news, anybody can be a registered copyright agent, even you! You just have to have an easy way to reach you, including email and phone, and enough time to actually respond to take-down requests expeditiously.

Just make sure to make up your mind once and for all before submitting the request, because editing a registration costs as much as a new registration.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.