In the U.S. if I anchor my houseboat for an extended period in the middle of a large lake connected to a navigable waterway can the city or municipality bordering the lake charge me taxes?


1 Answer 1


Property tax? No. Every other tax, like sales tax or income tax if you get a job, yes.

  • I've never heard of a city/municipality charging income tax...
    – sharur
    Jun 23, 2016 at 1:35
  • @sharur good point. I suppose I didn't really answer the question then!
    – jqning
    Jun 23, 2016 at 1:40

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .