What recourse does someone have who was wrongfully arrested, and what outcome can someone expect from that recourse, in general and/or in California? If the charges that person was arrested for are dropped by the state, does that change the available recourse or expected outcomes?

  • "False Arrest" (a.k.a. Wrongful Arrest) is a common tort. What sort of recourse do you mean? Like to expunge the record of the arrest? Or to claim civil damages against the police? – feetwet Sep 10 '15 at 20:20
  • I'm looking for a list of available legal recourses. Expunging records and claiming civil damages are both good parts of an answer. – B T Sep 10 '15 at 21:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.