I have recently found myself in a situation I never thought I would be in. Basically a car as been flashed on the motorway for doing 97mph and the documents were sent to my old address. Whoever is living there now gave my name at that address and said it was me that was driving. Obviously then all the letters relating to this have gone to that address so I didn't know anything about it until one day I got a red letter through my door saying I needed to go to court for this driving offence so I straight away rang the courts to find out what was happening and basically I was been charged with the driving offence plus failing to provide information. I explained to them that I didn't live at that address and haven't done for 5 years and that j don't even have a license. They was really helpful and gave me the details of the car but I still had to go to court and I have to go to court again. This has caused me so much stress and worry as I have never been in trouble like this before and never had to go to court. I am currently off work with it all. I am just wondering if I can make a compensation claim for all the stress it's caused and loss of earnings and if so how I go about it. Thankyou for taking the time to read.

  • 2
    Did you discover why the car was registered to your old address? Was it a car you had owned but hadn't informed DVLA you had sold, or is there a possibility the current occupants had unlawfully used your name on a registration document? Do we know why the car photographed was registered to that address? – ItWasLikeThatWhenIGotHere Jan 25 at 10:40

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.