I am renting a house in the UK.
- My contract is for a year, started in December last year and will expire in December 2015.
- In the tenancy agreement says Landlord can cancel the contract with 2 months notice period and I can with one month.
- I have paid every month with no problem. Last payment was this morning.
I had an argument with my Landlord 1 week ago because he doesn't want to fix some defects in the house. To be more accurate he says he wants to do it but is delaying it. (First time we reported the problems was in March and still not fixed.)
After the argument I have decided to move to another place of course. I am looking for houses now. But several days later she came home and gave me this letter in hand.
My questions are:
- Does it mean that she wants to use her right to cancel the contract after 2 months? It looks like that to me but I am not 100% sure.
- What does it mean "after 16/11/2015"? After can mean anything... even end of contract in December.
- Is this a legal document or just something she made up?
- What happens if I want to leave the house later because I don't find alternative?