I’m at the last year of an integrated Master’s degree in the UK.

This means that if this was a normal degree, I would have earned a bachelor’s at the end of last year.

Because it’s integrated, I think that means I currently hold no official qualifications, and will only hold a Master’s when I complete this degree this year.

Am I able to start the application for an H-1B now, or would I have to wait until I get that Master’s?

  • 3
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it belongs on Expatriates Stack Exchange.
    – user4657
    Mar 13, 2019 at 18:26
  • @nij or maybe academia.stackexchange.com in terms of whether they can claim a bachelors if you dont finish the masters. to be honest sounds like a question for the university.
    – JeffUK
    Mar 14, 2019 at 16:54

1 Answer 1


Unless you have actually been awarded a Bachelor's degree (which didn't happen to my friends at Cambridge or my son at Southampton), you are still an undergraduate. As such, you need to complete the degree first.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.