How can I know which nationality would have a baby born from parents from different nationalities?
- The baby would have the nationality of the mother.
- The baby would have the nationality of the father.
- The baby would have the nationality of both mother and father.
- The baby would have the nationality of the country where he or she born.
- It depends on the laws of each country.
I think that the correct answer is the last one but I'm not sure; I suppose that in order to a baby to be acknowledged as a new born citizen in the country of the mom or the dad she or he should be registered in each country.
Where I can get more information about this? (I'm interested in the laws of UK and Spain).
To make things more complicated, one of the parents is from Catalonia. Now the relations between Catalonia (a Spanish region) and Spain are tense, and Catalonia would try to move towards independence from Spain... I don't know how this would affect to the nationality of the newborn.