I would like to transfer my property to a random person I do not know by quit claim deed. Can I do that?


2 Answers 2


Yes you can. You will probably need the person's full name and address. You will probably need to pay a notary fee, and possibly a registration fee at whatever government office handles land titles in your jurisdiction. The recipient might chose to decline.


You may have a small problem complying with local law (e.g. RCW 64.04.050), if the deed is required to have a "consideration" clause. If the grantee gives you something in return, you're okay. The typical "love and affection" clause would be untrue in such a case. This is not insurmountable.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .