- I am sixteen, and I have a summer job for a software company.
- In my state (Maine), a work permit from school is required for someone of my age to have a job but it was never filled out. I assume someone forgot.
- I am also aware that minors can void contracts. However, I am unsure whether or not that extends to employment contracts.
- I, along with one other employee, am currently putting work towards a ~$100,000 contract, and am being paid the same as I would be had I worked at the local McDonalds.
- During the course of the job, I wrote software on computers provided by the company.
Can I void the contract, and claim the work I did as my intellectual property?
Am I even technically employed given I never submitted a work permit?