I have requested my personal data removal from one shady company that has gotten to my email somehow.

They said they've complied, but i am still getting newsletters from them.

What can i do as a consumer now? What authorities can i contact if my requests are being ignored? Can i report the company somewhere?


1 Answer 1


Yes; take it up with your national GDPR agency. Every EU member has one (see this list of DPAs on Wikipedia). In some countries such as Germany, you need to contact agency in your state. If a company is getting complaints from multiple countries, the GDPR agencies will among themselves appoint a lead investigator, but you don't need to care about that.

  • 1
    funny thing, now i'm being ignored by my national data protection authority
    – user151496
    Sep 23, 2019 at 9:11

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .