Long story short:

  • My son was backed into by a truck earlier this month.
  • They left the scene.
  • I called the police, they showed, up I wrote a statement and everything.
  • My son later was in the hospital complaining of pain and has had a few visits since.
  • I reached out to the officer, never heard back.
  • I went to the police department today and found out that the officer did not fill out a MVA or anything and in his dispatch report he said no crime was committed and no charges were filed when my son was injured and I told the officer that I wanted to press charges against the person that hit my son.
  • 6
    Why are you asking illiterate questions - both in terms of the English language and grasp of the law - while at the same time you list "We are a legal firm..." in your profile? – BlueDogRanch Oct 4 '19 at 20:35
  • Maybe he's trying to drum up business. – user6726 Oct 4 '19 at 20:43
  • @BlueDogRanch Well sported, and quite frightening that OP would give people paid legal advice. – gnasher729 Oct 5 '19 at 7:21
  • 1
    Why a are you using terms like Truck, MVA, Police Department and dispatch report that are not used in Britain if this is tagged United Kingdom? – Sarriesfan Oct 10 '19 at 9:53

A traffic accident is often not a crime even when someone is injured. So suing the police is unlikely to get you anywhere. You can get a lawyer and ask what your chances are to sue the driver who is the person who actually caused the injury, not the police.

| improve this answer | |
  • +1 for sue the driver who is the person who actually caused the injury, not the police, although a crime was committed as the driver failed to stop (Road Traffic Act 1988, s.170(4) ). – Justin Nov 5 '19 at 8:51

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.