I have opened this question in SO, but was suggested to ask here, as the solution might come from a lawyer, rather than developer.
I work on a native ads SDK for iOS/Android (banner, interstitial, video ads etc.).
We want to comply with GDPR regulations (and others, like COPPA, later).
So I have few questions here:
- Should the SDK provide a way (set of get/set functions) for publisher to read/write the GDPR data? I talk here about the values of
IABConsent_ParsedVendorConsentsin user defaults or shared preferences...
- If yes then should the SDK parse the
IABConsent_ConsentStringand store the parsed data to
- Or, maybe the SDK should ask the user by itself for the consent data?
- Even if none of the above has to be implemented in the SDK, it still has to read the GDPR related data from
SharedPreferences. So should it read the
IABConsent_ConsentStringand parse it by itself? Or can I just rely on the parsed values (
- And, in general, who is responsible to collect this data from the user, build consent string and parse it to vendors and purposes lists? Is it the publisher (app developer) or each one who touches this data (e.g. SDKs in use)?