I am seeking an attorney, in a state other than my own (in the USA), to provide me with guidance in the area of criminal law. (I have some specific questions.) How might I go about finding such an attorney other than look at ads? What might indicate a really knowledgeable criminal attorney?
1. What type of work experience might indicate a really knolwedgeable criminal law attorney. For example, one attorney has 10 years experience as an Assistant United States Attorney. Is that a big plus or a Ho-hum? (Such information is available on https://www.justia.com/lawyers.)
2. Is there any value to such designations as "super lawyer": https://attorneys.superlawyers.com/
3. Super doctor/lawyer websites seem to be a scam, per these reviews:
4. One comment said there was a legitimate ranking site for lawyers:
Unfortunately, it seems not to rate criminal law attorneys:
5. These two sites say that "super lawyer" sites are a scam:
6. This site rates attorneys and seems legit: