Can a firm US based in the United States legally hire someone as intern after they have graduated from school/university and aren't enrolled in any school/university anymore?

If state-dependent, I am interested in California.

1 Answer 1


You can call any position an internship without a school being involved. However you need to pay them. An unpaid internship at a for profit organization is only possible if it earns some kind of school credit for the intern.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .