I currently live in Texas, and I know that here, when a family is involved in a Child Protective Services (CPS) case, CPS is represented by the County Attorney's office for larger areas, and are represented by in-house attorneys for smaller towns.

I'm curious as to what the equivalent is in Georgia. From what I've been able to gather from googling, it looks like DFCS is the department that deals with CPS cases, but I can't figure out who represents the state in these civil cases. Does DFCS have in-house attorneys to handle all of their cases? Does the County or District Attorney's Office represent DFCS? A different department?

Thanks for the assistance!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.