If a company that offers a product where the user logs in, such as a SAAS product, and they send emails with certain intentions, where is the line drawn between a transactional and a marketing email?
Some seem pretty obvious, such as
- Buy my product - Marketing
- Here is a coupon to buy stuff - Marketing
- Password Reset Email - Transactional
- Policy or Terms have been updated - Transactional
- You have been given administrative rights - Transactional
- Your coworker has invited you to this platform - Transactional
But there are other reasons for sending an email that are not as clear, such as:
- You have not logged in for a few days, come back
- Check out this new feature (encouraging people to use the platform)
- Welcome to the system, here is how to get started
- Here is a report of your activity on our platform for the last month
- You are halfway through your goal, keep going!
Where would these other kinds of emails fall under, transactional or marketing?