Hypothetically, suppose person A purchased a service B from company C in the UK. If person A believes they were mis-sold the service, they could start a case with the The Financial Ombudsman Service in case company C is a bank, with the Housing Ombudsman in case service B is rental of a property, or to Ombudsman Services in case company C is a telecom or an energy utility.

Suppose company C is a car rental company operating in the UK and based in the EU. What services would be able to mediate a complaint?


If there is no Ombudsman laid down by government regulation, and the company is not a voluntary member of an arbitration scheme, then your remedy for a complaint would be through the courts.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.