I am attempting to make my first used car purchase from a private party in New York. I understand that the title should be transferred to me after the sale but what about a "Bill of Sale" ? Would I need one if I get the title? And is my understanding correct in that "release of lien" is only required if the title mentions a lien on the car? Thanks!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy