My mom and sister got to the US in October and they were scheduled to leave the US on April 2nd. Their I94s expire on April 16th. I filed for an I-539 on April 9th. We never saw the Coronavirus situation becoming a problem and waited until the last moment to file the extension. I still didn't get a response from USCIS regarding the case. In that case, can my mom and sister legally remain in the US beyond April 16th until we get an official answer from the USCIS?
Further, as proof of having arrangements to leave the US, we weren't able to provide copies of return flight tickets because the airports in our home country are currently closed and don't know when they will open. Do you think not providing copies of return tickets will affect negatively for the request?