The basics of GDPR is that you must design your software (here the website) in a manner that :
- You do not collect / compile / use any private data that is unnecessary to your software.
- You must state what type of private data you are collecting and why
- You must ensure a reasonable security of those datas
- You must be able to ensure the application of the rights related to those personal datas.
rights related to personal data:
- right to know (know which datas about a specific person you own)
- right to edit those datas
- right to freeze the use of those datas for a period of time
- right to delete definitively those datas
(there are some others but they are related to some specific mechanics)
personal data definition:
any type of data that can allow, directly or indirectly, the identification of a person (directly : an email address, indirectly: the person owns a brown dog and lives in XXXXX city)
Not knowing which type of website you are building, it will be difficult for me to go further or give you precise advices.
Using a software, you are supposed to be able to contact someone regarding those rights.
My advice would be to create an email dedicated to this website (exemple : email@example.com) and disclose it.
Don't let those rules deter you, they are simple to apply once you know them :)
good luck with your website and do not hesitate to ask further questions