Went to the DMV to renew my driving license and I found it was canceled due to a Failure to Appear in court and Failure to Pay a fine that was imposed to me for scratching a car while parking three years ago.

I wasn't even aware of it because I changed cities in the meantime, and I probably received these documents in my previous address.

The ticket given to me in the DMV contains virtually zero information on how to proceed in this case. I am currently residing in San Francisco but the ticket is from Los Angeles. Is there any way I can solve the issue locally or should I fly back to talk with the clerk of the address written in the FTA ticket?


I don't know the situation in L.A., but most courthouses I've dealt with will allow you to just pay the fine online and be done with it.

Try their website or call the clerk's office to get more information.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.