If I were confronted with a case of financial fraud in the United States, I would report it to a U.S. law enforcement agency, probably the FBI, or maybe the SEC.

But to whom would I report an instance of fraud by a foreign company that was subsidized by the foreign government? Would it still be the FBI, or should I try an international agency such as OPIC (Overseas Private Investment Corp.), the World Court, or a multilateral agency such as WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization)--this involved intellectual property?

Or should I try, say, an arm of the Commerce Department, such the International Trade Commission?

One more thing: the country in question has signed a trade treaty with my state, New York. Is it possible that New York State could handle this?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.