My question involves a marriage in the state of: California.

I have a spousal support hearing very soon and I need to fill out the FL-150 Income and Expense declaration form. Found here: https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl150.pdf

I've been a stay at home wife for 20 years and my husband was/is working. My husband currently has a move-out order on him. I don't have any information on how much he makes, W2, taxes, nothing like that. So I have no idea how to fill out this form since we are still considered "joint".

I went on the IRS website to get access to previous W2, but by the time they send out verification information, my court date will already be here.

Any suggestions on how to file income and expense declaration when you don't know your spouses information and he won't give it to you.

1 Answer 1


You need income and tax return information; if the spouse won't provide it, you should get legal help. Look at https://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-lowcosthelp.htm and find some free legal help there, or Google for free legal help in your county or city. A phone call or letter from a lawyer to your spouse will help get the information you need.

  • 1
    Thank you for responding. I'll take a look at the self help. This is all new to me. My hearing is in 2 days. I'm not sure if I can meet with anyone in that timeframe and I don't have a lawyer yet. I have 0 income and he removed me from all our bank accounts.
    – JImmy G
    Aug 3, 2020 at 22:08
  • I'm thinking about putting 0 on the income but I don't know if that would cause trouble.
    – JImmy G
    Aug 3, 2020 at 22:09
  • 1
    You need a lawyer; find one. Putting 0 on the form and/or not making the hearing will cause more trouble than you need. Aug 3, 2020 at 22:12
  • 1
    All California courts have Self-Help Information Centers. The centers provide help to unrepresented litigants. I suggest you contact the self-help center at the court where the dissolution case is pending. Aug 3, 2020 at 22:32
  • Try. If they're not open before your hearing, go to the hearing and explain to the judge that you tried to get help from the Self-Help Center, but left too little time to accomplish it. Apologize. Ask for the hearing to be continued to give you an opportunity to secure assistance. Aug 3, 2020 at 22:35

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .