I'm in Switzerland, and I'm involved in a dispute over about 300 Swiss francs. I can anticipate needing to take it to court.

In the US, there exists "small claims court" where, instead of the time and expense of a full civil trial with lawyers and a jury, the two parties tell their stories to a judge, who makes a ruling immediately.

Does such a thing exist in Switzerland? (Specifically I'm in the Basel-Stadt canton.)

  • It may depend on what it is about. As a renter, there is a "Schlichtungsstelle", in german: mietberatung.bs.ch
    – Marcel
    Feb 11, 2022 at 7:43


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .