I have a question, about 3 or 4 months ago, i was just outside chilling with some of my friends and then some girl came and slapped me, all i did was push her back in self defense. I just want to know if that is legal or not. I live in Germany, thank you.
If you pushed her back after she slapped you and it is not clear that a second slapping would occur (or she slapped you, because you pushed her)
- then it is not self-defence
- you (or she) did not prevent a present unlawful attack
If it is clear that you are going to be slapped
- then pushing her away, in a reasonable manor, is self-defence
- you prevented a present unlawful attack
What is considered reasonable will later be determined by a judge.
§ 32 - Self-defence StGB
(2) ‘Self-defence’ means any defensive action which is necessary to avert a present unlawful attack on oneself or another.